mail spool vs mbox dilemma

Jose Gracia Neto - CAT zegracia@cbpf.br
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:50:31 -0300 (EST)

Hi,

Here is my problem:

I have to make IMP look for mail under /var/mail, so my users can use IMP and
can also download their mail through Outlook or another mail client. This is
because my IMP uses IMAP-SSL while other mail clients use the POP that is
inside the mail server.

However, with that option, I can't set folders, since /var/mail is not ny
users' home directories.

I could use the mbox file and make IMP look for mail under users' home
directories, but then the server will fill mbox and
empty /var/mail/my_users_spool_file, and that way, they can't download their
messages through Outlook or another mail client.

Can anyone help me with this dilemma?

Thanks,

Jose