[imp] Help with wvHtml, please. I have reviewed the archives.

Marty marty@oakparkschools.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:17:44 -0400 (EDT)

> >The Problem: wvHtml failure. But it works command line. I do get error
> >messages commandline:
> > wvError: (./decode_simple.c:560) Alert, insane repeat "insane" character
> >run structure, making wild stab in the dark to attempt to continue
> > wvError: (./decode_simple.c:513) Alert, insane repeat "insane" paragraph
> >structure, making wild stab in the dark to attempt to continue
>
>If you're getting error messages on the command line, then that suggests that
>the problem is with wvHtml, and not with IMP.  Have you contacted the author of
>wvHtml?

It's of course a possibility that the word document you used had some structure
that wvHtml couldn't handle. My wvHtml occassionally barfs out a bunch of
nastiness on some documents. Did you try more than one Word document and/or
Word versions?

When you run wvHtml on the command line do you get a viewable document or
just the garbage? Sorry if this was answered in the original but I apparently
missed it.

> Frankly, it sounds like you have it installed wrong.

Of course a possibility. And normally my first choice too. :-)

>         frank@pineaus.IHATESPAM.com
>           http://www.pineaus.com
>
> It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Eaten by a grue? Been around a while, eh, FP?

Marty