[imp] compose window size

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:25:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Terry Davis wrote:

TD> How can I set the size of the compose window when it gets opened?

In imp/templates/javascript/open_compose_win.js.  See the line:

param = "toolbar=no,location=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=700,height=650,left=0,top=0";

(this should be one line, but will probably wrap in some awkward manner by
the time you see it)

I, too, was uncomfortable with this and opted to have the window auto-size
to just less than the current screen resolution (-100 pixels).  To do
that, I added the following two lines and adjusted the line above as
follows:

    xMax = screen.width - 100;
    yMax = screen.height - 100;
    param = "toolbar=no,location=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=" + xMax + ",height=" + yMax + ",left=0,top=0";

I'm more comfortable with this, but YMMV.

Clifford Green               Internet -  green@umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services                    UMDNJ-IST
Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.