Running imp on win32

Raoul Emin support.lists@softattitude.com
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 23:07:09 +0200

Hello,

Our imp 2.2.x has now been runing smoothly for quite a bit of time on Winnt / IIS and I am now coming back to you for some tips on how to do the same with imp 2.3.

HEADERS PROBLEM

First I would like to report a bug that was already present in version 2.2 and that should be solved in this new version: Encoding in the date header is not suported and the following header

Subject: Ceci est un test avec accents...
To: raoul.emin@eap-network.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:32:10 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heur=?ISO-8859-1?Q?e_d'=E9t=E9))?=
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ra=FAl_Emin?= <raoul.emin@eap-network.com>

produces this error:

Warning: unexpected error in date() in C:\Php\horde.cvs\horde\imp\mailbox.php on line 586

I do not know if a normal smtp server should use non standard caracters in the date header, but fact is that when we receive messages from an smtp server with Winnt in French we do receive the headers as above. Since I was told Imp 2.2.x would not be enhanced in the future I modified message.php3 as follows:

// if (isset($h->date))     { $dat = htmlspecialchars(chop($h->date)); }
if (isset($h->date))     { $dat = htmlspecialchars(decode_mime_string(chop($h->date))); }

Would it be possible to have the same sort of patch under imp 2.3?

MAIL DELIVERY SETUP

under winnt, the mail function is extreemly versatile and can be setup via the php.ini so as to use our smtp server of choice, how can I setup imp so as to use this function instead of the smtp / sendmail libraries of pear? Please do not tell me I should use sendmail: up to php 4.0.6 launching commandline utilities was generating unpredictable results.

MESSAGE ENCODING

our smtp server is not properly performing autoconversion process (read it does not convert properly messages from ISO XXX to quoted printable), hence the easiest solution for us is to send messages in quoted printable. Is there a way to do this under imp 2.3. Imp 2.2 was not capable of doing it yet the horde\lib\mime.lib file could easily be modified so as to achieve this result.

ADDRESS BOOK

The old address book was more easy to setup than turba, is ther a way to still use the old one? Why don't we store the address book in an imap folder (as in outlook???)

Thank you for your support.

Raoul

PS: my config...
Horde Versions
Horde: 1.3.5-cvs
IMP: 2.3.7-cvs
Turba: 0.0.3-cvs
Gollem: 0.0.1-cvs
Nic: 0.0.2-cvs
Kronolith: 0.0.3-cvs
Jonah: 0.0.3-cvs
Troll: 0.0.2-cvs
Chora: 0.6.5-cvs
Whups: 0.0.1-cvs
Nag: 0.0.2-cvs
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.0.7-dev
PHP Major Version: 4.0
PHP Minor Version: 7
PHP Version Classification: dev
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes