[imp] moving/deleting option

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:21:51 -0400

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:46:58PM -0400, Cliff Green wrote:

> > I use my drafts folder as a collection of drafts (i.e.,
> > templates). I'd be  rather peeved if IMP were to delete one
> > after I'd used it once.
>
> Ah,  I see.  I've been using it as a 'postponed' folder.  I'm
> not used to using templates, so that didn't occur to me.
>
> Unfortunately, RFC 2060 defines the \Draft flag as "Message has
> not completed composition (marked as a draft)", which is vague
> as far as the distinction here.  I had hoped this could be used
> to mark a distinction.  Fooey.

I think it's better that they kept its definition vague.  It
allows for the user to define their own work pattern based on the
available of the 'Draft' flag, meaning they should be able to do
with it whatever they please (much like the 'Important' flag).

I'd prefer we didn't make any assumptions along this lines.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology