moving from imp 2.2 to 2.3

Deej * baby_deej@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:27:36

Hi,

I'm currently running an oldish copy of imp (2.2.2) and was about to upgrade
to 2.2.6 - but decided that I'd also like to offer 2.3.x

If I install 2.3.x will I be using the same database structures as I was in
2.2 or will I need to kill those, if so then will I be able to run both 2.2
and 2.3 at the same time? I'm using mysql.

Is there a strict order to follow in setting up the databases for supporting
2.2 and 2.3?

I'm slightly confused as to what I need to do with the databases to run both
2.2 and 2.3 side by side.

The latest tarball of imp 2.3 is 2.3.6 do I just download this and then do
the cvs update or can I just do a new checkout and this will gives me
2.3.7-cvs? (along with the latest cvs of horde that is I guess).

cheers
Dj