[imp] text/html content-type messages appearing as attachments

Mathieu CLABAUT mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:01:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 Bernard.Paris@psp.ucl.ac.be wrote:

> I use horde-1.2.6 with imp-2.2.6 on a RedHat7.1 box, php404pl1.
> when receiving a message witch has text/html content-type (thanks MS outlook
> express), it appears in my Netscape browser as an empty message with one
> attachment. Any idea to avoid this so that I can view the message content
> correctly and directly ??

 It's not a bug, but a feature.... HTML rendering of message body is generally
 not wanted (it can hide malicious scripts).

 you can configure that in imp/configure/mime.php
 There's a section like that :

$mime_actions['text/html'] =
array(
      'action'          => 'default',
      'view'            => false,
      'inline'          => false,
      'override_text'   => false,
      'view_function'   => 'mime_view_html',
      'download'        => true,
      'icon'            => 'mime_html.gif'
      );

 Set view and inline to true will resolve your problem. If you set
 override_text to true, IMP will try to display HTML part instead of text part
 in case both of them are present.

 Hope this help !

======
Personal note >
 I'm very impressed by the number of mail answered by chuck et al.
 How the hell do you manage to read the huge traffic of all the list, answer
 the messages, develop HORDE and do something else the rest of the day ?

 I'll be eager to have some tips about personnal day management, because i
 feel unable to do the quarter of what you seem able to do ;( <grinnn>
=====

-mat

Mathieu CLABAUT                            mailto:mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
DIGINEXT                                     http://mathieu.clabaut.free.fr
45, impasse de la draille, P.A. La Duranne,   tel: 04 42 90 82 91
13857 Aix En Provence - cedex 3               fax: 04 42 90 82 80