[imp] cvs IMP, FreeBSD, and libtool 1.3.4/1.4.1

FreeBSD freebsd@XtremeDev.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:44:17 -0600 (MDT)

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 02:05:39AM -0600, FreeBSD wrote:
> >
> > 1. I understand the latest IMP in the cvs has problems with libtool 1.3.4,
> > the version currently in the FreeBSD ports. Is that still the case where I
> > need 1.4.x to have the latest IMP 2.3 working?
>
> I'm not sure where you got this idea - IMP does not depend on
> libtool at all.  Horde/IMP are a set of PHP scripts, and as such,
> only require PHP (with some modules installed, such as gettext,
> imap, and optionally stuff like mcrypt, mysql, etc).

My mistake. I had intended to mean needing the latest libtool to compile
mod_php4 if IMP from cvs needed it.

> > 2. Would there be any problems trying to run IMP 2.3 from cvs with the
> > mod_php4.0.6 from the FreeBSD ports? Or does IMP require the latest cvs of
> > php?
>
> WOrks fine with PHP-4.0.6, but bear in mind that you need the
> latest version of PEAR from PHP-cvs.  The version in PHP-4.0.7RC2
> is sufficient, but you can install it by:

The latest IMP 2.3 from cvs works fine with php4.0.6? Or do I still need
the latest PEAR? I guess that's what I'm confused about. Your statement
seems a bit contradictory, in that you say it will work fine with 4.0.6,
but I still need the latest? Huh?

> > I have a spare server that I will test first on before I mess with the
> > production server.
>
> So you are running a development version of IMP on a production

The "production server" is a home server that I can check my mail from
when I'm at school. So yeah, it's about as "production" as it can get for
me. It's no Hotmail. As that one fuzzy headed old guy once said, it's all
relative.