problem with php (affects imp 2.3 only i believe)

Tom Ryan tomryan@camlaw.rutgers.edu
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

I just realized that the php code has the value /tmp/session_mm hardcoded
in it. (changing php.ini to reflect a different directory for sessions,
only affects the actual creation of the real session file, not
session_mm).

Not sure how this would affect module users of php, BUT, this has a huge
affect on cgi/external binary users.

To illustrate, as any other user on your system (besides the web user),
touch /tmp/session_mm.sem

complete DOS.

PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0

and alas, IMP is no more..

I will be posting this to the php buglist, but I thought I would share it
here as well.

thanx!
tom