logging into IMP

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:56:13 -0400

I'm looking for a way to bypass the IMP login screen - that doesn't require a
POST action.

Our installation lies behind a locally developed login screen on a secure apache
server.  The screen is generated by a cgi, and authenticates users against a
keberos database.  After people log in sucessfully, REMOTE_USER is set, and a
kerberos ticketfile is stored.

our c-client uses this ticket file for imap authentication, so we don't need /
want users to type in a password to access their mailbox.

I tried writing some html that POSTed to redirect.php, but it didn't work.. and
we'd prefer just have a URL that the user could go to and access their mailbox
directly w/o having to log in a second time.  I was able to do this in IMP 2.2
by fudging with template/login/login.inc and login.php3 by changing the POST to
a GET - but that's not working here.  If what I'm trying does require a POST,
can some one suggest a way to the get the POST to occur w/o user interaction?

also - is there anyway to get the other horde components to accept an
authenticated IMP session as an authenticated HORDE session?  Ideally, people
wouldn't have to log in a second time to access their address book.

thanks
Liam