[imp] IMAP Toolkit crash error

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:27:24 -0500 (CDT)

Quoting Philip Clever <philip@turquoise.net>:

> Hello,
>
> I got a call today from a customer who said that he couldn't delete any
> messages.  I looked, and he can mark them for deletion but he cannot empty
> the trash.  The error I got on the mail machine is this:
>
> IMAP toolkit crash:  header size inconsistent
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Philip

I also have a single user who complains of this.  Here's what he says about
it. Note (that while not stated below) he says he gets the same behaviour
in both Outlook and IMP (can't delete from either one, etc).

> I have a problem about e-mail again.
> The mails that arrived after 09-06-01 are always indicated new massages.
> And I cannot delete any mails in INBOX.
> Actually, since the same problem happened before, I wrote email to you
> and problem was settled then.
> But, now I have the same trouble.
> I always thank you for your fast reply.
>
> Ps. My email program is MS Outlook 2002.  I recently purchased MS office
> XP and set Outlook 2002 up
> as e-mail program.  Troubles seemed to happen after that.  But, I don't
> know what's wrong.

So, I would ask if your customer also used Office XP/Outlook 2002 on the same
account as IMP?

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin