reactivate users after "too many login failures"

Manuel Machajdik m.machajdik@auerwebsolutions.at
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:37:12 +0200

hi,

i am new to this list and have the following question:

after having the imap server listen on a wrong address for a while, many of
our IMP users can no longer login. [we've changed the imapd to the right IP
now of course.]

the httpd error log says
"[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response) (errflg=1) in [no active
file] on line 0"
and
"Too many login failures (errflg=2) in [no active file] on line 0".
in mysqld.log you can see IMP trying to login 4 times, and then quit.
(select val from active_Sesiions where sid='.....' and name ='HordeSession')

new users can login with no problems.

I think that IMP deactivated the users because they tried to login while
imapd was listeing on the wrong IP. so how can i reactivate them? or is the
problem elsewhere?

i hope you can help me,

manuel machajdik

Manuel Machajdik - techadmin & applications developer
@uerwebsolutions - the networking company 4 you

www.auerwebsolutions.at
m.machajdik@auerwebsolutions.at

AUSTRIA: Bahnhofstr. 53, A-6300 Wörgl
fon: +43/5332/73692, fax:+43/5332/73692/33

		(o_
(o_	(o_	//\	 Support the Penguins
(/)_	(\)_	V_/_	 USE MORE LINUX