IMP preferences not working after update

Claus Heiko Niesen cniesen@gmx.net
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:14:41 -0500

Argh.  I can't figure my problem out.  I've been trying to fix it for a
while.  Tried several things, read and reread the archives but with not
much help.

Here is my problem.  I have stopped updating the horde, imp, and turba CVS
for a little while and enough has changed that I decided to move my old
source aside and download the CVS anew (that way I also have a working
backup). I configured everything as I had before and upgraded to the newest
PEAR by downloading the latest snapshot from snaps.php.net and executing
"./configure", "pear/make", "pear/make-install".

Everything works fine besides that IMP will not read the existing
preferences nor does it save new ones.  I didn't see any errors being in
the html sorce or log the horde and imp log files. If I'm right the
preferences are set in horde/config/horde.php and there is no other setting
that affects the preference table.

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '1@impv23';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

I also tried it with
$conf['prefs']['params']['protocol'] = '';
and
$conf['prefs']['params']['protocol'] = 'unix';
without success.

Turba can access its sql table without any problems and if I restore my
previous horde, imp, and turba code then everything works fine as well.

OpenBSD 2.9
php4-4.0.6-gettext-imap-ldap-postgresql
pear snapshot 200109211035
postgresql-7.1
Horde, IMP, Turba CVS current as of Sept 21, 2001