#2 IMP no longer works after migrating from PHP 3.0.18 to PHP 4.0.6

Al Kwan al@powersurfr.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:04:53 -0600

In addition to my first message (sorry I didn't put it in), my
/horde/test.php3 has this information:

PHPLIB (is page_open() defined): No
magic_quotes_gpc set to Off: No
magic_quotes_gpc causes data coming from GET, POST, or COOKIE modes to be
processed so that single quotes and backslashes are prefixed with a
backslash (\'). This makes your email look very ugly. Turn it off. If the
PHPLIB installation instructions claim that they want this setting on, they
lie - PHPLIB versions 7 and later work perfectly well with it off.

Are either of those settings essential to have IMP working? I need magic
quotes for another program (hlstats) and I'm pretty sure the PHPLIB one is
as that is part of the error I receive when trying to access IMP through a
web browser, but I'm not quite sure where to configure what I need to make
that equal "yes".

Al

(My previous message below)

Hello,

I've been using Horde/IMP for quite some time now but since I upgraded it
from PHP 3.0.18 to PHP 4.0.6 I get error messages trying to access IMP.
Line 15 in my index.php3 and so forth.

Is there anything specific I need to do to make IMP 2.2 work with PHP 4?

Thank you in advance,

Al