[imp] Feature Suggestions

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:19:41 +0200

I know, i know, filtering on the server etc. I use Sieve.

In terms of IMP, doesnt it expects the new mail to come to the INBOX?
Or does IMP actually keeps polling folders like Drafts, etc to see if
new mail is coming in this folder?
Also in case of IMP-filters, does the mail come to INBOX or another?

I use Netscape-Messanger mostly as my MUA, and my mails come in
different folders but my MUA does not notify me or even checks all
folders. It only checks the folder when I select it.

Anyway if this feature is useful and makes sense, then why not. Lets
implement it. In fact I think it is already implemented if you stay in
the folders screen.

Cliff Green wrote:
> =

> Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:
> =

> > Doesnt new mail always comes in INBOX?
> =

> Not necessarily.  For example, you might have procmail available on you=
> system, and filter for incoming mail from different lists (like the hor=
de
> lists!), and have them delivered into separate incoming mail folders.  =
That

--
Atif Ghaffar
Internet Development Manager