[imp] Performance scaling.

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:20:45 -0400

At 09:58 AM 26/09/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>If you're using SSL, get Sun's Crypto Accelerator card.  We use that in
>our Sun E250 doing webmail and it has made a big difference in the
>performance.

We're not using SSL... yet.   Thanks for the vote of support for the Crypto
card, as if we're going that way, I'd want that to be added.  Glad to hear
it's working well for others!

How many processes are running on your server under a busy load?
How busy is it?  Do you have your SQL and IMAP servers running on the same
machine?  Our SQL server is, but we've got our own dedicated IMAP server
serving the IMP requests.