[imp] problems with imp....

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:13:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Ivo [iso-8859-1] Rössling wrote:

> hi!
>
> >Update you PEAR. Check the archives for details.
> sorry - dunno, which "archives" you mean :-/
> have tried the latest pear via cvs - doesn't work together with php-4.0.6=
. and
> the php-4.0.8-cvs kicks me out with a segfault when logging into imp.... =
:-/

List archives are available for searching for information, and there is a
note about how to find them at the bottom of all listserv messages:

Now... I'd go with using PHP 4.0.6 -- that is fine for IMP -- but with the
cvs PEAR.  To do that, install PHP 4.0.6 as normal.  Then download from
cvs the files for php and zend as per the php-cvs instructions.  at that
point, assuming you stored them in /usr/local/src/php4:

cd /usr/local/src/php4
./buildconf
./configure
cd pear
make install

that will install only the PEAR files from cvs, but the php engine is
still 4.0.6.

Hope that helps.