[imp] Manny questions from a NEWBIE

Claus Heiko Niesen cniesen@gmx.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:47:39 -0500

At 06:49 AM 09/27/2001, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've installed IMP in a Linux BOX and I want to use IMP like only email
>client in my company. I've many questions:
>
>- My user wants to view all folder like outlook espress (in a tree with all
>folder and sub folder. Is it possible?

Yes, check out the Folder icon.

>- I've a MySQL database with all address of my customer. Can I interface the
>address book of IMP with this MySQL database?

Yes, its relatively easy.  I am doing this. However, it may be a little
difficult if you want to restrict access to the owner of the data.

>- Can I convert an Outlook express mail databases in a format that IMP can
>be read? I think that I store the OE database in a IMAP folder.

You always can convert the addresses into the turba import file format and
import them.  I don't have any experience with import/export from
turba.  Oh, yeah.  You could always convert the data into a load file and
load the database directly with MySQL tools/commands.