[imp] Slowness with big mailboxes

Peter Farrow PeterF@3d-computers.co.uk
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:20:11 +0100

I have seen the same thing, but note that it is particularly slow when
connecting to a Micro$oft Windoze Exchange server for the first
time....thereafter it speeds up..

Regards

Peter Farrow
peterf@3d-computers.co.uk
Technical Director
3D computer Systems

www.3d-computers.co.uk
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views
held by 3d Computer Systems Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: paul@mainland.ca [mailto:paul@mainland.ca]
Sent: 28 September 2001 21:22
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] Slowness with big mailboxes

I'm noticing that when I use IMP to connect to a mailbox with quite a few
messages, performance drops considerably (can take up to a minute to open
the
mailbox each time.  Cleaning out the mail so that there's only a handful
speeds
things right up.  I'm using IMAP, and I experience the same thing when
connecting to a local mailserver or a remote mailserver....

thoughts?

Paul