[imp] Fw: wordview again

Andre Castanheira aocastanheira@cariocaengenharia.com.br
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:21:52 -0300

Hi,
I use linux red hat 6.0 and I didn't edit ld.so.conf.
What do I need to do in ld.so.conf in order to see wvWare working ?

Date: Mon,  1 Oct 2001 10:31:58 -0400
From: Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Re:[imp] Fw: wordview again

Quoting Andre Castanheira <aocastanheira@cariocaengenharia.com.br>:

> Hi,
> I use linux red hat 6.0 and I didn't edit ld.so.conf.
> What do I need to do in ld.so.conf in order to see wvWare working ?

Assuming you've installed libwv.a and libwmf.so in /usr/local/lib, edit
/etc/ld.so.conf to be sure that /usr/local/lib is listed (add it if it isn't),
then run /sbin/ldconfig to update the links and cache used by the run-time
linker (ld.so).  In English, that allows programs that need shared libraries to
find them.  Everytime you add a new library, you'll want to rerun ldconfig.  I
like to use the -v option, but it's not necessary.

I haven't changed the path to wvHtml in my .php file, and am using:
'/usr/local/lib/wvHtml'.  When I ran wvHtml against one of the sample .doc files
in the wvWare distro, I got an error message about not being able to find one of
the libraries, which in turn reminded me about ldconfig (I'm more accustomed to
HPUX, and forgot about it).  I'm also using imp 2.3.7-cvs.  YMMV.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
signature under NDA

This mail sent through IMP: the Internet Mail Program