Some extra restrictions

Erik Tews erik.tews@gmx.net
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:31:39 +0200

Hi

I have now installed IMP in our school. I use cyrus as an imap-server.
It seems to work really nice. The webserver is firewalled from the
isp-internet-connection so that nobody is allowed to access this
webserver from outside. But now some users would like to be able to
fetch their mail from home. So I would like to add an extra flag to
their mailaccount so that not everybody is allowed to fetch mail from
outside. But I cannot do this restrictions on the imap-server-side. So I
will have to patch imp to do a sql-query to check if the user is allowed
to access the mailsystem from this ip. Where do you think is the best
place in the source to add such a extra restriction?