[imp] solved - IMP logs me out immediately

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:07:20 -0400

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 11:06:31AM +0000, scott@rainyday.ca (scott@rainyday.ca) wrote:
> I figured out what my problem was.  The tables were not created in MySQL, although the database was.  I re-ran the script (after commenting out the create database line) and now all is well.
>
> I suppose more error checking could be included in the session logic to catch something like this, a corrupted or incorrectly set up database.
>
> The FAQ maintainer should update the faq (5.3.9) because it has this
> question in it but the answer doesn't make any sense.

Why doesn't the answer make sense? While there are certainly hundreds
of other reasons one might be logged out unexpectedly, the three
listed (phplib session timeout, php.ini-optimized, access controls)
are the ones that have historically been frequently encountered.

Were there no other error messages from IMP when it couldn't find any
of the tables it requires, either displayed to the browser or
whereever you've instructed PHP to log its errors?

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!