[jorisb@nl.euro.net: Re: [dev] Updated Dutch translations]

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:01:45 -0400

Thanks for this update, Joris.

So in other words, you had to recreate the .mo files for Sun - good to know
that the .po format is the same.

I was not sure that PHP & Apache would compile with Sun gettext(), ours did
not seem to. That was probably an environment issue. I am glad to know that
it PHP will compile with Sun gettext.

Your solution is clearly a more elegant, but we were concerned about passing
on more than a CVS checkout to get updates.  So, anyone relying on gettext
for translations on Sun can choose either solution, although yours is much
easier.

Thanks again.