How to setup HORDE and IMP an windows

Sebastian Kucik kseba@bonair-usa.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:41:06 -0400

Anyone who knows how to setup Horde and IMP on windows, HELP ME!!! I am =
getting lots of errors all over the winplace. My email: =
kseba@bonair-usa.com

Date: Wed,  3 Oct 2001 13:23:07 -0400
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [imp] 3 UI questions for the 2.3.7 dev team

Quoting Mike Coughlan <mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com>:

> This also would be helpful if users forget to "Expand Names" for Turba, as
> names are not looked up automatically.  Otherwise, if IMP 2.3.7 & Turba are
> deployed at a large institution, government, or University where the MTA
> routs locally by default, this probably will result in a human error where
> mail is delivered to the wrong person.

At some point in the future (ie, when I get around to it or someone else beats
me to it), expand names will be run automatically when you hit send. If
anything doesn't pass, you'll have to disambiguate them before sending.

> I now understand that my suggestion does not seem to fit into the HORDE
> error reporting method.  To that I can only add that our UI group did not
> notice the error icon & message at the top of the page.  Neither did I.
> Message boxes are unsightly, but the HORDE error output is not eye-catching.

No, we use javascript messages where appropriate. In this case, there ought to
be some javascript - no need to submit the form and reload the page if you
don't have to. Patch?

-chuck

--
"There is a river of blood between them." - A member of RAWA
(http://www.rawa.org) on the difference between the people of Afghanistan and