[imp] IMP 2.3.7-cvs and Mozilla 0.9.4 on Windows - Character Coding changes

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:09:30 -0400

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:48:20AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Are there some known problems with IMP 2.3.7-cvs and Mozilla
> 0.9.4 on Windows?

None that I know of.  That's my primary browser these days.

> When I want to view a message (like this one) or when I'm in a
> folder which contains characters from iso-8859-1 like the
> German Umlauts (ä,ö,ö,ü,ß ...), Mozilla often changes the
> character coding to iso-8859-5 (Greek).  This of course causes
> the message to be displayed wrong.

I'm viewing this message in Mozilla right now, and the special
characters are decoding correctly for me.  Could you try and
narrow the problem down a little more?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)