segmentation fault in apache with imp

Steeman Philip philip.steeman@kh.khbo.be
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:44:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everybody,

I have a terrible problem (I lost hours and hours). Can anybody give me a
hint where to start looking.

I get a segmentation fault in the log-files of apache when I use try to
log in with IMP 2.3. I can reproduce it with a small php4-program if I use
an imap-function.

What do I have?
Debian - woody (without apache-php-imap packages)
imap-2001.FINAL.tar.Z
apache-1.3.20 (with DLO's)
php-4.0.6 (DLO version) (also tried CVS - same result)

That's it

with http://localhost/horde/test.php everything looks fine.

With:
http://localhost/imp  and try to log in, I get the segmentation
fault in the apache-log.

I can reproduce this behaviour with that silly program:

<?php
  $mbox=imap_open("{mail.khbo.be:143}INBOX", "xxxx", "xxxx");
?>

I know that it isn't a imp problem but I need some advice (because I want
to start with IMP 2.3 to translate it in Dutch).

Is the problem in woody?
Is the problem in imap?
Is the problem in php?
Is the problem in apache?
Did I do something wrong? (most propably, but I did that before with
other versions of this software, with good results).

HELP.

Thank you for any advice.

Philip