Problem with IMP2.3.7 and Qmail qmail-inject and sendmail wrapper

Kris von Mach dev@swishmail.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:04:05 -0400

I have done a clean install of FreeBSD 4.4-rel and I still have the same
problem that I reported a week ago. Sending emails with attachments using
IMP 2.3.7 latest, qmail's qmail-inject or qmail's sendmail wrapper and
opening the message using Netscape or Eudora...

Here is my setup:

Qmail-1.03
Vpopmail 4.9.10
Courier-Imap 1.3.8.2
Apache 1.3.20
PHP 4.0.6+memfix
Latest PEAR
Latest HORDE/IMP

I have tried this on three systems now, two FreeBSD 4.3-stable from couple
months ago systems, and a FreeBSD 4.4-rel.

The connection is done over IMAP and it uses qmail to sent mail, not
sendmail. (HORDE is setup to use sendmail wrapper I believe,
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail, instead of /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject). Though I
have tried to use both.

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params']['path'] = '/var/qmail/bin/sendmail';

I have tried to use smtp instead of sendmail:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params']['server'] = 'localhost';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = '25';

And the emails with attachments work fine using this.

So I believe that using mailer sendmail, qmail's sendmail wrapper expects a
somewhat different format of the email than does real sendmail...

Maybe we need another mailer type, Qmail? (:

And am I the only person using Qmail on this list? Or am I the only person
using Qmail and having a problem using qmail's sendmail wrapper?

__
Kris.