[imp] Language setting is ignored

Alexander Skwar ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:29:30 +0200

So sprach »Chuck Hagenbuch« am 2001-10-08 um 11:44:23 -0400 :
> doesn't really support it. You should look at lib/Lang.php and fix the
> detection to be smarter about that format. In the mean time, I just fixed=
 an

Uhm, why?  IMO the handling of the language is wrong.  If the user has
set a language in his preferences, this language should always be used.
The value of HTTP_ACCEPT_LANG should only be used
a) in apps which don't have pref setting for language selection (this
   includes the login screen of IMP)
or
b) in IMP if the user hasn't set a language in his prefs.

IOW: The lang set in the user prefs should always overrule the settings
in his browser.  This is, because I wouldn't wonder if a good many of
the internet users don't even know that something like this exists in
the browser...

But I'll have a look at Lang.php anyway.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de