[imp] Mails aren't wrapped

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 02:31:40 -0400

Quoting Alexander Skwar <ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com>:

> Sorry, I really don't want to sound like a dumbass, but have you read
> the/any netiquette lately?  Most of the time a max. line width of
> ~72-~75 characters is suggested, so that when a message is quoted,
> something like what happened in the 2nd quoted line above (> running at
> ) doesn't happen.

I'm aware of all of that. It doesn't change the fact that 80 was the default
for quite a while, and never caused any special problems aside from replies to
such messages not wrapping nicely. There are tons of clients that generate mail
that's too wide these days, so I didn't view that as a technical problem with
the wrapping...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in