[imp] Info regarding installation of CVS - 2.3.7

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:05:25 -0400

Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:

> 1. GPG support? I see in the docs directory how to configure it. But, the
> configure files that are referenced don't exist.

It isn't being maintained currently. It needs to be ported to the new
MIME_Viewer framework. Volunteers?

> 3. Would my down_rev PHP cause an error reading e-mail?
> Webpage error message:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: localeconv() in
> /space/local/apache_php2/htdocs/horde/horde/imp/lib/../../lib/MIME/Structure
> .php on line 125

Yes.

> 4. Would my down_rev PHP cause an error storing preferences?
> I used the horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql to create the horde_prefs table in my
> horde database. But preferences are still not retained from session to
> session.

Possibly. Try the PEAR at http://horde.org/pear/, and if things still don't
work, come back with more details.

> 5. The weird one. I was able to login at one point. However, I changed the
> horde.php file to contain specific mySQL database information:
> $conf['prefs']['params'] =
> array(servername=>'localhost',username=>'hordemgr',password=>'n0tr3allymYP@s
> s',port
> =>5123);
>  /// $conf['prefs']['params'] = array('localhost','hordemgr','passwd');
>
> And logins stopped working. The mail server shows that I have authenticated
> via IMAP . But the session is not stored on the HORDE / IMP webserver.  I
> tried a number of things, but to no avail. I can no longer get a session.
> The only other change that I made around that time was to implement the
> SECURITY suggestions regarding ownership and permissions on the config
> directories.  However, I rolled that change back to no avail.

servername, username, etc should be quoted... it's possible that that's it. What
was there before you made that change?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in