[imp] Multiple IMP(2.3) installs with one code directory?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer@iu13.k12.pa.us
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:38:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Atif wrote:

> > conf[$HTTP_HOST]['some_array']['some_member']=value
> >
> > I might be brain dead with the first approach but I can't seem to figure
> > out how to symlink things so that the config directory is ignored in
>
> Why would you want to symlink anything?
> I have one installation of IMP/Turba/Kronotlith etc, and there are a few
> hundred domains using it with the same config file.

Because I want to have a different config for each domain.  How do you
have different color schemes for different domains?  How do you handle
identical userids in different domains?  I know the answer to that -
convert userid1@domain.com into userid1_domain_com as the login uid but
that is not an option.  How do you specify different addressbook sources
per domain?  How do you specify a different mail server, depending on the
domain being connected to (without using something like perdition and
using userids like above)?  And what if some domains are only connecting
to a POP3 server instead of an IMAP server?  I need to replicate all the
common code from horde, turba, and imp across each domain and have just
the config directories be unique.  Hence, my idea to symlink.  I'm open to
other ideas.  Thats why I posted.

--
Kevin M. Myer
Systems Administrator