[imp] Problem with single uids

Kre Men picoviny@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:39:37 +0000

   Ok, I'll try to explain. Single user UID mailboxes are used as an
pop3/imap accounts for ppl with virtual hosts on the server. Instead of
making them normal shell accounts, they all have one UID/GID, f.e. 777,
under which are their mails stored in the special directory for that kind of
mailboxes. This users, are experiencing that "INBOX. prefix" problems. Users
with unique UID are OK. Well, I don't know whether this single UID's has
something to do with this problem, but probably yes, because normal users
are working fine. I've also noticed, that after sending mail from the IMP
from single UID account, the Sent-mail folder isn't created.
   Also, I would like to ask, whether it is possible to rename INBOX folder
to Inbox, because after I defined it in the prefs and locked it out, there
was no difference, inbox was still named INBOX.

Thanks for help.

Kremen