[imp] imp questions (usability issues)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:10:37 -0400

Quoting Dan Ellis <danellis@rushmore.com>:

> Well, either you have a sieve script working or you have a static filter to
> scan mail flagged as new (which IMP currently doesn't have, I believe) setup to
> say filter all email with $$$ in the subject to the trash.
>
> Something to quickly let me know the state of things.

Just whether or not you have filters? I'm still not sure exactly what you mean -
do you want a progress bar? Or just a "yes, I have filters running or no, I don't"?

> Comments on the server-side script page idea?  Do you believe it should be to
> complement a client-side system, but not entirely replace it?

I find it useful to be able to apply filters to mail when I want; I also don't
tend to filter incoming mail into new folders, so I'm more inclined to find
client-side filters useful.

I imagine there are people out there who'd want both, so they ought to co-exist
in the UI. I'm really not entirely sure what the best way to do that would be.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in