[imp] Re: An IMP question..

Simon Martin simonmartin@mail105.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:06:11 +0100

Anil,

Thanks for that ;-)

As of this afternoon I'm lurking on your list...

I'd really like to hear of some really big IMP installations and how you
have achieved this. Just post it on the list, I'm sure other would be
interested too.

I know this is often mentioned in passing ( I did the archives for about
100 hours this morning;-) but the specifics seem hard to come by. Rich
(Lafferty?) mentioned an installation supporting over a million users and
I'd love to know what kind of hardware *and software* they had to throw at
that...

It's just become a bit of an intellectual challenge to figure this out.

Thanks

Simon

Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> Could anyone with a large installation of IMP get back to
> Simon with some numbers?
>
> His address is <simonmartin@mail105.com>
>
> thanks,
> Anil