[imp] Way to get imp to open when a mailto: link is opened

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:36:38 -0400

Quoting Cory Merritt <cmerritt@merricomp.com>:

> Does anyone know of a way to get the Compose.php3 page from IMP to open when
> someone clicks a mailto: link on a web page.  I have figured out how to make
> the correct registry entries.
>
> What I need now, is to figure out a way to go directly to the compose.php3
> page, and pass the address from the link the user has clicked into the to field
> on the compose.php3 page.  The other problem that I am working on is figuring
> out how to have the user logon during this process or attach to an existing
> session.

In 2.3, if you go to http://your.server/path/horde/imp/?action=compose, then
you'll get passed through to the compose window. But things like to: and
subject: aren't passed along; I'd take patches on making that work more. I don't
remember what level the support got to in 2.2.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in