[imp] IMP via stunnel

Mika y92smial@kyamk.fi
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:56:44 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Francois Philippo wrote:

>but I only want to make SSL between APACHE IMP and the client not between
>apache and the IMAP server.
>you know how ?

well, you can either install some ApacheSSL RPM depending on your
distribution or you can get and install openssl source
(http://www.openssl.org/) first, then Apache and mod_ssl
(http://www.modssl.org/) sources - in that order. You should propably
start by reading documentation for mod_ssl.

If you have a reasonably new distribution you can propably get a RPM
package working quite easily (I don't use RPMs so I don't really
know). Compiling and installing from source is more difficult but the
end result is the same.

It's propably a good idea (performance wise) to separate your
Apache/SSL and IMAP servers which means you may want to use SSL there
too, depending on your configuration of course.

--
Behave,
	Mika Aleksandroff, Kymenlaakso Polytechnic

 "Hillary Rodman on jo vuosia kuulunut henkisiin majakkoihini,
  niihin ihmisiin, joiden mukaan tarkistan aika ajoin omat
  koordinaattini."                             - Anja Snellman