[imp] cookies required?

Jeff Tucker jefft@wciatl.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:21:40 -0400

--On Wednesday, October 24, 2001 4:33 PM -0400 Chuck Hagenbuch
<chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Jeff Tucker <jefft@wciatl.com>:
>
>> Yes, 2.3.7 from CVS a couple days ago.
>
> What browser for all of this? I can't reproduce any of it...

OK. I upgraded Horde and imp last Saturday night, that would be the 20th, I
guess.

I'm using IE 5.5 running on Windows 98. 5.5.4134.0600 to be specific.

I logged into imp and refused two offers for a session cookie. I believe
there's already a persistent cookie on my hard drive from logging in a few
minutes ago. I closed all browser windows before starting up a new window
and logging in this last time.

In my Inbox, I clicked the first file, then clicked delete. This time, the
HTML came back mostly OK but on the bottom line, next to Select and Mark
As: I see this HTML code which got sent as plaintext: <a
href="?Horde=ae86b902f83061b573155b335f29cfa6" onclick="BlackList(158, 2);
return false;" onmouseout="status='';

Next I opened a message and clicked Forward. I got an alert box that said
"Your browser does not support this print option. Press Control/Option + P
to print." This is absolutely repeatable. I've had this problem for several
weeks, with several updates of IMP. I can reproduce it in IE 5.5 and IE
6.0. It was first reported to me by a user who probably also uses IE, but I
don't know what version.

If I logout and login, allowing cookies, I can forward all day long. If I
logout again and login refusing cookies, the problem comes back.

I hope this helps. I haven't spent any time debugging these two problems,
as I assumed I would just have to tell my customers that they had to use
cookies or else.

Jeff

--
Jeff Tucker