[imp] Bug in IMP 2.2.6: Escaped backslash in Preferences/signature

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:19:24 -0400

Hi,

     I posted a message a while back in August.  Never had any
response.  The user has
complained again and looking at our MySql Database I can see over 100
people with
escaped quote in their signature ("l\'information").  I would like to be
sure that I can use
the patch that remove all the "addslashes()" in horde/imp/lib/db.mysql.   I
know that
for the signature this must be safe since there is an other addslashes() in
prefs.php3 as
has been said.  But what about the others like $address, $nickname & all?

It may be more easy to answer to this question: when will 2.2.7 be released
:-)?

Thanks.

>Hi,
>
>     we had a user complaining about this problem yesterday, that is,
> putting a quote
>in the signature add a slash afterward.  I have download the cvs version
>(2.2.7) and found
>that the lib/db.mysql file was patched.  My question since there were no
>followup to this
>thread is: Am I safe if I apply this patch?
>
>thanks.

-------
Robert Marchand                 tél: 343-6111 poste 5210
DGTIC-SIT                       e-mail: robert.marchand@umontreal.ca
Université de Montréal          Montréal, Canada