[imp] Is www.horde.org/pear stale already?

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:57:35 -0500

> I believe the point of horde.org/pear is to get a *working*
> version of PEAR not the latest/greatest.  The reason it is not a link to
CVS is because
> many users out there have trouble or lack time in getting a
> completely new checkout

Understood, and I appreciate you making it available.

> This is odd.  Are you sure it is installed correctly?  I'll put up a new
> pear archive from PHP 4.1.0RC1 on horde today or tomorrow, but

This may not necessary. I got PEAR yet again from Horde, and have moved on
to other errors. My confusion arises from my disbelief at how quickly PEAR
is moving, and IMP for that matter.

It is almost easier to start from scratch and to compile apache from source,
than it is to upgrade a stale IMP or make use of packaging systems such as
RPMs or Debian, which are often have painful PHP > 4.0.4 dependecnies. That
said, the IMP 2.2.4 RPM is flawless.  ; )

If I believe the Horde PEAR is the source of any trouble, I will reply, but
I suspect not. I see now that I have some table altering to do: "Unknown
column 'pref_uid' in 'field list'", so we are connecting.

Thanks again,

MC