[imp] admins and horde

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:50:39 -0500

Quoting M Z Rahman <zrahman@partex.net>:

> Alright, then why don't we have active session database in IMP 2.3 just like
> 2.2 (active_sessions) with session timeout? Then we could trace how many users
> are logged in and by adding the userid in the "sid" we could trace the user
> also. If a user just shutdown the browser or computer while logged in, the
> session-timeout will remove the seesion from the database. Session timeout may
> be a made as a variable (changable) from configuration files.

Because active_sessions is how database-backed sessions in phplib work. We use
PHP4 sessions, which are _far_ less buggy and better in pretty much every way.
They also don't require you to have a database in order to have functionality
that works.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the