[imp] German translation question

Claus Heiko Niesen cniesen@gmx.net
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:56:45 -0600

Even the English term "bounce" is unclear.  From the word I would assume
the message bounces back to the sender just like the e-mail bounces from a
server because the server didn't accept it.

Redirect would be the better English word.  But it's probably to late to
change the terminology.

gmx.de uses for forwarding "Weiterleiten" and for bouncing
"Umleiten".  These terminologies aren't great either since neither of them
clearly state what they do.  I do like the idea of "Weiterleiten" and
"Unverändert weiterleiten" since it clarifies things.

Meine zwei Pfennige
   Claus