strange behavior of horde/imp (CVS)

Roman Serbski libser@manas.kg
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:13:53 +0500

Good day

Need some help with Horde/IMP from CVS. I guess it's my fault with
configuration - I need advice.

FreeBSD 4.4 STABLE, Horde: 1.3.5-cvs, IMP: 2.3.7-cvs, Turba: 0.0.3-cvs,
PHP 4.2.0-dev
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: No
MCAL Support: No
Mcrypt Support: No
MySQL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: No
XML Support: Yes
magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes

PEAR - Yes
Mail::RFC822 - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes

Session counter works perfect.

1. Whatever I do with imp/config/conf.php - there is no results in output.
I mean for example I set $conf['server']['server_list']=true; still
there is no server list menu. servers.php is here, looks like IMP config
files are *ignored*. Even when I delete imp/config/conf.php - I have to
press Reload button several times in order to get error about missing
conf.php. Something wrong with cookies? Or I missed something in
horde/config/horde.php?
BTW when I type http://www.mydomain.com/horde/imp it redirects me to
http://www.mydomain.com/horde/login.php?url=%2Fhorde%2Fimp%2Findex.php -
is it normal?

But, from the other side, I could successfully edit horde preferences
such as background color etc with horde/config/html.php.

2. As I remember in Horde-1.2.6/IMP-2.2.6 I had to edit
horde/config/horde.php in order to use qmail ($default->path_to_sendmail
= '/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject';). What about Horde-1.3.5? There is
Mailer option in horde/config/horde.php - should I change
$conf['mailer']['type'] = to 'smtp'?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you,
Roman