qmail imp and courier imap

craig needs cneeds@verticaltech.com.au
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:08:26 +1030

I have had qmail and IMP working successfully for a while. I have been using
IMP with pop and the users have been receiving and sending their mail fine.
The problem came when the users wanted folders. So I installed Courier IMAP
and it works ok in that I can send emails and create folders. The folders are
created as ie. INBOX.test in the /Maildir alongside the new, cur and tmp
directories. The problem I have is that when trying to access my emails I use
the pulldown dialog box in IMP in the left hand corner and select INBOX but
there is no mail in it. The emails are accessable via the pulldown and are
shown as new/10004407140.2764.mail.domain.com. When I select the email I can
view and delete it. I have looked through the archives and I have a hint that
I should have a way to tell IMAP that the INBOX is the /Maildir/new
directory. I also find it interesting that there isn't any INBOX in the
/Maildir so I tried creating a ln -s for INBOX which pointed to /Maildir/new
but that didn't help. I feel I am missing something obvious here so flame away

Craig N