[imp] expanding names doesn't work for me....

nlin@newton.berkeley.edu nlin@newton.berkeley.edu
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:06:41 -0800

Ack, help.

I'd initially commented out the "Addressbook" section in imp/config/prefs.php
because I don't want my users to change any of those options.   And I didn't
even want it to show up in the Options page.  The reason is, everyone has two
addressbooks, their personal one, and a campus ldap directory.  I wanted "Expand
Names" to only search their personal addressbook.  So not only did I comment out
the "$prefGroups['addressbooks'] = array(" part, I modified the following:

// addressbook(s) to use when expanding addresses
$_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
    'value' => 'Addressbook',
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

// addressbook to use for adding adresseses
$_prefs['add_source'] = array(
    'value' => 'AddressBook',
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

But now, to figure out why Expand names isn't working for me, I un-commented out
the "prefGroups['addressbooks'] = array(" part.  However, it just give me a
blank screen when I click on "Options->Addressbook".  So I made a copy of the
horde directories and copied imp/config/prefs.conf.dist to prefs.conf.  Now
everything shows up fine.

So now I'm trying to track down the differences between my modified prefs.conf
and the distribution version.  But here is where I got really confused.  Using
the pref.conf.dist version, I have two addressbooks (AddressBook & Campus LDAP
DB).  In the Addressbook Options page, if I move the "Campus LDAP DB" from left
pane to right, and then click on it, I see two fields I could search: "Name" &
"Email".  Doing the same to AddressBook doesn't show anything.

So then I have to figure out where the code knows what search fields to display,
but I don't see it by looking at the turba/config/sources.php and the
imp/config/prefs.php file.  I don't see "Name" & "Email" anywhere.....So where
is it getting this data?

Sort of convoluted.  To solve one problem, another one crops up.

nancy