errors while sending mail with Horde/IMP CVS (2001-10-31)

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:56:17 -0500

I'm running into a few separate problems while sending mail with Horde / IMP
CVS...

Unqualified addresses don't get ['maildomain'] appended to them as the source
code indicates should happen (the comments in horde/imp/config/servers.php).
All unqualified email gets sent to @localhost. I think the code that handles
this is now in horde/imp/lib/Identity/imp.php, in the getFromAddress function,
lines 152-154:
        if (!strstr($val, '@')) {
            $val .= '@' . $imp['maildomain'];
        }

This used to be in horde/lib/Identity.php (I had the same problem then too).  I
put some debugging stubs in there, and $imp['maildomain'] is indeed defined.
Mebbe I'm looking in the wrong place.. but I thought I had things configured
correctly to prevent the @localhost thing (and I think this got handled by a
similar function, "mailfrom" in IMP 2.2.x).

Now, more strangely... Occasionally, I get an error like this when I try sending
email to an unqualified name:

https://mail-test.www.umich.edu/horde/imp/compose.php?uniq=14161234693be067d56cb881004562404383

I can make it happen consistantly.

The test machine I've got this running on, also has a cyrus imap server on it,
completely independant of this project.  But, if I send unqualified email to any
of the people who have accounts on that server, the mail goes to name@localhost,
and the compose window closes cleanly.

If I send unqualified email to an address that isn't local, the mail gets sent,
but I get the 404 in my compose window. The message is copied to my sent-mail,
and I see appropriate entries for it in my sendmail log.  This isn't a question
of accounts not being in /etc/password.

Advice?

Liam