[imp] Updating Pear on a RH7.2 system

Toomas Vann tom@bns.ee
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:10:39 +0200

Hi!

Did yoy change the mysql hordemgr password in scripts ?
That is, was the hordemgr password in scripts the same
as in your configuration files?

I dont belive your problem is PEAR as much as i believe that
has something to do with MySQL.

I have allways made those tables myself from command line.
Once i used a script and things did not work, after dumping db and
doing everything from command line all started working.

Sorry, but i did not investigate this issue more, so i really am not
sure was the problem with scripts, that still looked that way though.

Have you tried maybe so that Auth part would be done using imap?
Did you add users to table horde_users ?

Sorry if my questions are a bit stupid....

Regards,
Toomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Ty Christensen [mailto:webmaster@mastermindpro.com]
Sent: 03. november 2001. a. 7:00
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [imp] Updating Pear on a RH7.2 system

Actually, I have absolutely no basis for the assumption other than a
sneaking suspicion that comes from reading about similar problems with PEAR
on the list.

Since I have done what was recommended elsewhere (install the RPM's and
replace PEAR with the tar from horde.org), I guess I should assume
otherwise.

Here's the critical excerpt from horde.php:

//The auth section
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['auth']['params']['username'] = 'hordemgr';
$conf['auth']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['auth']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'horde_users';

//The preferences section
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'hordemgr';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

Here's an excerpt from servers.php in the imp/config directory:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'why.mastermindpro.com',
    'smtphost' => 'why.mastermindpro.com',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

I have verified that the MySQL database is installed, named correctly, and
has the proper permissions.  I did use the sql scripts to create the db and
the tables.  I added a user name and password combination to the horde_users
table.

Again, the symptoms are:

Horde- After entering the user name and password that I created in the db
and clicking login, the page is immediately reloaded with the password
window being blank but the user name intact.

Imp- Clicking on the Imp icon gives a 404 error after about 20 seconds.  No
option is there to logon.

Do I have to encrypt or hash the password field in the db rather than just
have it be clear-text?  If so, how do I do that?  I'm totally clueless as to
why Imp times out, though, so any and all recommendations accepted and
appreciated.

My system should be sufficient :^), now I'm just trying to get my knowledge
of Horde and Imp to be sufficient.

Thanks,
Ty