[imp] Too many IMAP connections

Harry Hoffman hhoffman@ip-solutions.net
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:24:29 -0500 (EST)

Hey Chuck,
  I'm using netstat to see the connections open. I actually think that it
has something to do with using CYRUS -> SASL -> PAM -> LDAP b/c I'm seeing
tons of ldap connections as well. I'm not really sure where to go with
this and am currently investigating whether it's the way I'm trying to do
authentication with Cyrus. Is there anyway to make a single persistant
IMAP connection?

Thanks,
Harry

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@ip-solutions.net>:
>
> >  I'm a little bit at a loss for what's happening but I'll try to explain.
> > When using IMP to check mail I end up having around 100+ IMAP connections
> > if I click on the folder button, which eventually slows down the server
> > to a crawl. If I use an IMAP client such as Netscape I have no problem at
> > all and only see a couple of IMAP connections in netstat.
>
> What are you using to see the number of connections? Do you have every folder
> set to check for new mail? Does it happen every time you click folders, or only
> the first (and when you click refresh)?
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> "What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the
> arms of silence. All we ever have is here, now." - Ursula K. Le Guin

>From gpoo@ubiobio.cl Date: 05 Nov 2001 17:32:30 -0300
En lun, 2001-11-05 a 17:24, Harry Hoffman escribi?
>   I'm using netstat to see the connections open. I actually think that it
> has something to do with using CYRUS -> SASL -> PAM -> LDAP b/c I'm seeing
> tons of ldap connections as well. I'm not really sure where to go with
> this and am currently investigating whether it's the way I'm trying to do
> authentication with Cyrus. Is there anyway to make a single persistant
> IMAP connection?

Try nscd: Name Service Cache Daemon.  Your problem isn't IMAP,
is LDAP.

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo@ubiobio.cl