[imp] Very basic questions on imp

edward@ita.org.mo edward@ita.org.mo
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:53:15 +0800

Chandra Mukhyala wrote:

> I read the FAQ on horde.org and the documentaion which came with imp,
> horde and phplib packages and I still have the following questions:
>
> 1. What is the purpose of database ? I assume its for storing the mail
> files, if so how do we move the existing mail files into the database
> I found a script in /usr/doc/horde/examples/mysql_create.sql which
> created  active_sessions,auth_userand db_sequence, which sounds like
> the database is used only for session info and authentication.

Record each user's information ( eg: address book , E-mail address )....

> 2.How do you configure imp ? Where do you specify information like
> your imap server, user name passwd, mail dir ?
> I found some .php files in /etc/imp and /etc/horde but i doubt if
> I should edit them, I am assuming there is a web based way to configure.

First must install Horde and make sure the library ( phplib ) is good for
work...
Then install imp and try to set the SSL function ( https )...

> 3. How do I access my mail from my webserver ?
>
> I tried myhost.mydomain.com/horde/imp from netscape
>
> it says:
> You have chosen to download a file of type: application/x-httpd-php3
>
> what should Mozilla do with this file?
> I clicked
> . open using php4, but it just save the file  to /tmp/
>
> but I dont know whats the path name for  php3
> I have a test.php file in my public_html, I can open that.
>
> If there is any other documentaion I should read,
> please direct me there.

You had better to setup a Virtural Host for user to access your imp ( Web Mail
) with apache !
in httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost myhost.mydomain.com>
ServerAdmin root@mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /home/horde/imp
ServerName imp.mydomain.com
ErrorLog /log/imp-error.log
CustomLog /log/imp-access.log common
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /home/horde>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        php3_include_path '/home/horde/phplib:.'
        php3_auto_prepend_file /home/horde/phplib/prepend.php3
        php3_magic_quotes_gpc Off
        php3_track_vars On
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
        php_value include_path '/home/horde/phplib:.'
        php_value auto_prepend_file /home/horde/phplib/prepend.php3
        php_flag register_globals On
        php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
        php_flag track_vars On
    </IfModule>
</Directory>

# php3 setting :
<IfModule mod_php3.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3 .php
  AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
</IfModule>

So, have you any problem now ?
In additional , I have something need you help ...
So, can you help me ?

Edward.