[imp] need help w/expand names settings in imp/config/prefs.php

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:36:54 -0500 (EST)

> > It would also be cool if you could set the order of precidence for
> > the fields used for name expansion, like you can set the
> > precidence of the servers used for name lookups.
>
> Does this still makes any sense, now that we merge and sort all results
> that we get from any field of any directory server?
>
> I think the up and down have lost any meaning or am I wrong?

This was mainly a suggestion to allow the administrator to specify which
fields were used in the turba sources without having to reorder them in
the sources file.

Mebbe it's not that big a deal.  I'm more interested in seeing the LDAP
searches return one CN per entry (instead all the CNs per entry.. seeing
our personal LDAP entries at UofM have between 2-4 CNs each).

Liam