Weird Imp Problem

Bob Full bfull@coastal.edu
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:14:03 -0500 (EST)

We have just found a weird incident with our imp package. I realize that
there is a default attachment size limit of 2MB. No problem with that.
However, when our Computer Science 105 class (Introduction to Microsoft
Office) tries to attach more that 2 Word documents, (no matter what the
size), only 2 attachments make it thru in the email.

This doesn't happen with .xls, .ppt, .dat, or .txt files nor with any
.gif, .jpg, .bmp or .png files. I have successfully sent 5 .wpd files
which were converted from .doc to .wpd. The total size of the 5
attachments was 1.37 MB.

Has this happened to any one else? The instructors ( we have 12 sections
of this class ) are having fits (READ -> they are driving me nuts!!). I
can't seem to find out why. Can anyone help?

--------
Bob Full - Unix Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services -  Coastal Carolina University
Voice (843) 349-2080  Fax (843) 349-2990